Who we are?
We are stackask, a platform that allows people to ask questions and share knowledge about programming.
What’s information we collect from user?
- User name: The username of the user
- Email: We use it to validate user information and avoid creating spam accounts on our stackask platform
- Avatar: Help user get an attention from other members on our platform
- Full name: Help user get an attention from other members on our platform
- Phone number: We use it to contact users when something goes wrong
- Address: We use it to contact users when something goes wrong
- Gender: Let us categorize users
- Website: Help user get an attention from other members on our platform
How we collect user information?
- For users who are signing accounts through Google and Facebook, we use OAuth authentication provided by Google, Facebook and we only get the most basic information on their platform such as email, user name and avatar.
- For users who register directly, information such as user name and email will be entered by the user on the registration interface
The optional information will be edited or deleted at the “Edit Profile Screen” by userself
How we store user data?
- User data will be stored in our database and can only be accessed by us
- Sensitive data such as user passwords will be encrypted with MD5 hash algorithm and even we cannot decrypt it.
How we use user data?
- We only use the user’s information for their own benefit
- We will send mail to user to inform a new question, a new answer or a new notification
- We only use users’ information with their consent.
How we share user data?
We do not share user information with any individuals or organizations without their consent.
How does user delete their account?
To delete an account, users will send us an email requesting account deletion at the address: firstname.lastname@example.org. If the request is valid we can delete their account.
How users can request data deletion?
To delete data, users will send us an email requesting data deletion at the address: email@example.com. If the request is valid we can delete their data.